Tuesday, July 14, 2009

WOD 7/14/09

Max weight Cleans
1-1-1-1-1-1-1

73-78-83x-83x-80-82x-82
I started at 73lbs today. I didn't know I was insane until I walked up to the board and looked at all the other girls starting weights 53 or 63 was the average. OK, little steps I thought to myself. But then I looked at the 25 lb weights and I had a goal, I was going to put them on either side and do this. So from 73lbs to 78lbs which seemed very heavy. OK, now the 25's. I put them on total of 83lbs, I lifted and couldn't get under it. One more try. Again same story. OK so go back down 80lbs, success! Matt P came over and told me I think his words were "I almost pissed myself your form was so good." He also said that because of that "the weight will eventually come." OK, so there was hope. I came back from writing on the board and started to put half lb weights on either side but then I thought if I do that then I won't reach my goal. So I put the 1lb weights on 82lbs. I got under it this time but when I tried to stand up the weights fell. Shake it off one more attempt that's it I won't be able to get to my goal but at least I can be just one lb short. I got under the 82 all I have to do is get that up. So I get over there and I try one more time. I get under the weight I attempt to stand up but I feel a little pee come out oh crap I go back down. So, I'm sitting there in the squat position and CFC Matt sees me "Stand up Jana, Stand up!" "I'm going to pee myself" I respond. "Oh well," I thought to myself "I've got to do this. " I stand up with everything I have and a little extra lubrication. I stood up!!!!! Wahoo!!!! It was so awesome. So, next time I will put those 25lb weights on the end. I liked having my own bar It really encouraged me to push myself.

OK, so there was no Tim Sr. and he was supposed to be there today. We talked about it before we left the gym yesterday and we had agreed on 5:45 am. Does he not know that it means (if I go that early that I have to get my son up and do a trade off with his daddy at the gym? If I can get the both of us there in the morning then he can get himself there. I only got to do the jog portion of the warm up since Tim Jr. still had not finished his workout. I even started my jog with Timmie. Luckily, there are really nice ladies up there that didn't mind helping out with our little cutie. So, next time you think to yourself ,Tim Sr. if you read this, I don't want to get out of bed this morning just think of the look on little Timmies face when he finds out that you're not there.

2 comments:

  1. Jana, You were phenomenal this morning. As I am reading your post, I am listening to Seven Nation Army--that was you! "I'm gonna fight em all--a Seven Nation Army couldn't hold me back!"

    Way to go! (I'll hold Timmie anytime--just ask--I didn't realize you needed to do your warmup.) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! For everything! Especially for being my own personal cheering section.

    ReplyDelete